At Ferro, philanthropy is a core component of our culture. We have a rich history of giving back to the communities in which we live and work, particularly in Cleveland, Ohio, where the Company was founded in 1919. In addition to our corporate activities, we encourage our employees around the world to contribute to their communities in any way they can.
Giving Goals and Framework
The goals of our philanthropic giving are to financially support programs administered by organizations or institutions with proven records of successfully serving the human and civic development needs of Greater Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.
Our philanthropic focus is on education and economic development, health and welfare, civic, and cultural arts initiatives. The core goals of the programs and projects that we fund are to strengthen the Greater Cleveland community and improve life for its citizens and future generations.
Geographic concentration – Our giving focuses support for the Greater Cleveland community because of Cleveland's historical relevance and ongoing importance to our company. Ferro was founded in 1919 in Cleveland, and our corporate headquarters has been located in the Cleveland area since that time. We maintain several operations in the city and surrounding areas, and a significant number of Ferro employees live in the area.*
Beneficiaries – Any 501(c)(3) U.S.-tax-exempt organization that has a proven record of successful service to the human and civic development needs of the Greater Cleveland community may request funding. Our Contribution Committee weights funding toward initiatives that its members believe serve the most pressing needs of the community and that the Committee believes could realize the greatest benefit from a combination of Ferro’s gift and associated employee volunteerism or pro bono intellectual services. Funding requests that incorporate an opportunity for Ferro employee volunteerism are especially welcome.
Gift Review Process – Gift requests are reviewed by the Ferro Contribution Committee at least once annually.
Requests should include the following information:
- Brief information about your organization and narrative about your history of successfully serving the education/economic development, health and welfare, civic, or cultural arts needs of Greater Cleveland.
- A description of the program/project for which you are seeking funding support; objectives of this program/project; its correlation with Ferro's giving goals, and an explanation of how a Ferro Foundation contribution would be used.
- Names of Ferro employees involved with your organization or proposal, if any.
- History of prior donations from the Ferro Foundation, if any.
- If applicable, any associated possibilities for Ferro employee volunteerism or pro bono intellectual services.
- Names of other corporate donors to the program/project for which you are seeking support.
- A current copy of your 501(c)(3) statement of tax exemption.
Please send requests to: Ferro Corporate Giving Program, 6060 Parkland Boulevard, Suite 250, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124.
As a matter of policy, Ferro does not contribute to individuals or individual endeavors, religious organizations, political campaigns or activities, or labor organizations.
* Ferro also funds select requests from Ferro employees who work in cities other than Cleveland, and various Ferro operations provide limited support to select local charitable and other nonprofit organizations. However, the primary focus of the Company's corporate charitable giving is the Greater Cleveland area.