Ferro EPM makes it easier to make electronics.
Ferro’s Electronic Packaging Materials (EPM) business provides a full range of materials and engineered products to meet your needs for hybrid circuits, microelectronics, advanced packaging, and devices.
Ferro has a long tradition of providing matched systems of engineered materials, as well as applied technology representatives to help you integrate our products into your manufacturing process. Our products are often customized for specific applications. Ferro continues to build on this tradition. In addition, many customers make electronic materials in-house, or use certain Ferro base materials for particular functions. Ferro EPM serves all of these markets. Our product lines (described in our electronic brochure) consist of Thick-Film Packaging Materials, Thick-Film Component Materials, and Glass Products.
Thick-Film Packaging Materials
- Hybrid Integrated Circuit (HIC) Thick Film Materials – Our HIC thick film material systems are widely used in telecommunications, automotive, medical, consumer, and military applications. Ferro also offers RoHS-compliant systems and a wide range of lead- and cadmium-free pastes.
- Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramic (LTCC) Systems – Ferro offers a range of LTCC materials for packages, substrates, and modules used in medical electronics, consumer A/V, computers, wireless handsets, automotive subassemblies, data/telecom infrastructure equipment, and defense/aerospace.
Thick-Film Component Materials
- LTCC formulations for Components – Ferro’s glass/ceramic composites have a wide range of K values for use in a variety of LTCC components including High Frequency Ceramic Inductors, Front End Modules, Bluetooth Modules, Antenna Switching Modules, Common Mode Filters, and other devices. Powder forms are available for both wet-stack and tape application processes.
- Pastes for Components – Ferro offers a broad selection of conductor pastes suitable for many applications in multilayer and chip components. Ferro's in-house metal and glass formulation and R&D enables us to tailor products to meet specific needs, including working closely with customer to develop the optimum application methods such as dipping, drying, firing.
- Glass Powders – Our high quality glass powders are offered in a wide spectrum of standard products, as well as specialized custom and proprietary formulations. Our manufacturing capabilities range from developmental lots of < 1 kg to continuous production lots in multi-ton volumes. Various gas and electric melter designs and capabilities are available, using platinum, high purity refractory, or “glass” lined water-cooled units.
- Glass Paste – Ferro can offer unique solutions to demanding applications. Standard products include sealing glass paste for ceramic, metal, and glass packages and substrates. Ferro also offers specialty sealing glasses for wafer-level MEMS packaging and other micro-mechanical devices such as vibration, YAW, and accelerometer sensors.
Delivering material advantages