Glass Tableware Is Transformed by Diegel Innovation
Dishwasher-resistant organic coatings for glass and ceramic tableware
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
When Ferro acquired Diegel Creative Coatings, based in Alsfeld, Germany, in 2018, we did so for a number of reasons. In addition to its line of organic decor paints and coatings for plastics products, the company’s long history of supplying waterborne organic coatings for application on glass substrates made it an excellent fit with Ferro. A pioneer of this technology, having introduced its first glass tableware decoration in 1996, Diegel had developed many improvements and optimizations to fulfill changing market demands and satisfy critical refinements in technical specifications.
Today Ferro markets these innovations under our Hydroglasur brand. Waterborne organic coatings, they are single-component, eco-friendly, heavy metal-free systems that are not only lead-free, but additionally BPA-free, NMP-free and DBTL-free.
GUARANTEED COLOR FOR 500 CYCLES AT HOME
Due to their outstanding adhesion to glass, and excellent chemical resistance properties, Ferro Hydroglasur coatings are especially suited for the coloring decoration of surfaces of household glass and ceramic tableware, such as tumblers, mugs, cups, plates or bowls, that are regularly cleaned in the dishwasher.
Glass and ceramic items coated with Hydroglasur are certified for direct food contact by external institutes. Coating of glasses, cups and bowls can be recommended without restrictions; for plates, we recommend coating the rim or complete backside area.
CREATE AN UNLIMITED VARIETY OF COLORS AND EFFECTS
- Our basic color system is available as color concentrates that include all Pantone® color shades.
- Mixable in any ratio, they enable our customers to achieve any desired color shade.
- The easy handling of basic lacquers and color concentrates allows the creation of many shades with different gloss levels in a fast, easy and economical manner.
- We can also produce custom colors based on color charts, color systems, or specifications, or from the common color reference charts.
- Our current systems BGS400 glossy and MGS400 matt can be used on both glass and ceramic substrates, and application is easy and economical within a wide range of machinery parameters.
- For special application methods, such as electrostatic, high-speed bells and discs, drying-optimized versions BG450 glossy and MG450 matt are also offered.