NEW SUPER DARK PIGMENT COAL BLACK 326
For cement grouts and mortar applications
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
Ferro’s new Coal Black 326 pigment is suitable for the coloration of any cement-based formulation, with special added value in (white or grey) cement grouts and mortars!
Fill in the pitch-black color space for cement grouts and mortars
The cement-based industry has historically lacked a cement compatible plus aesthetically attractive black pigment to fill in that color space.
The usual black pigments of choice have been:
- Black Iron Oxides do not provide dark, pitch-black coloration due their low tinting strength and limited bluish undertone; moreover, they show flocculation issues because of their magnetic nature that are detrimental to the grouts and mortars’ surface aesthetics
- Carbon Blacks have very limited cement compatibility because they lack ease of dispersion and tend to bleed/migrate to the surface, what becomes detrimental to the grouts and mortars’ surface aesthetics.
Coal Black 326 Ferro’s solution!
Coal Black 326, a Manganese Ferrite Black Spinel (PBk26), provides outstanding dark black shade, ease of processing and performance in use as to become the reference pigment of choice when deep blackness in cement formulations is requested.
Coal Black 326 is suitable for the coloration of any cement-based formulation, with special added value in (white or grey) cement grouts and mortars.
Coal Black 326 more benefits
- Highest tinting strength, jetness and bluish undertone among all the available inorganic black pigments
- Color Quality Control in white cement to ensure lot-to-lot reproducibility
- Cement compatible
- Easy to disperse
- Outdoor durable
- Chemically stable
- Does not flocculate
- Does not bleed/migrate
- Suitable for any cement-based formulation, with special added value in (white or grey) cement grouts and mortars
Ferro provides added value color and functional solutions to the Building & Construction industry, with selected pigments and colorants fully compatible with building materials e.g. cement, asphalt, gypsum, mineral aggregates, coatings, plastics. We have the Building & Construction application expertise to select the right compatible pigments from our broad portfolio to customize the solution and upgrade building materials to make them more aesthetically attractive, with extra functionalities as Near-Infrared reflecting to make the material more energy sustainable if needed.
Our unique pigment manufacturing process and raw material selection enable us to make a small particle size pigment with very high tinting strength and jetness.
Our expertise in offering high added value solutions in cement, allows us to quality control the pigment’s color in cement to guarantee our customers’ lot-to-lot reproducibility.