Process Temperature Control Rings
Ferro's ceramic process temperature control rings (PTCRs) are designed to deliver accurate and consistent temperature measurement in batch and continuous high-temperature processes.
Originally developed for critical firing processes for electronic ceramic components, Ferro’s process temperature control rings (PTCRs) now provide easy and accurate heat measurement using for batch and continuous tunnel kilns in different atmospheres across a temperature range from 560°C to 1750°C.
Our technical service team can also provide tailored PTCR solutions for kilns that utilize vacuum, reductive or nitrogen atmospheres.
IMPROVED QUALITY CONTROL AT LOWER COSTS
Using process temperature control rings can eliminate or significantly reduce expensive, time-consuming quality checks, destruction testing, and geometry, density or porosity testing.
Each individual ring can be relied on to perform as specified in the conversion table provided, resulting in excellent temperature accuracy, which reduces the amount of effort dedicated to firing quality and control.
Ferro´s unique approach allows PTCR users of the need to recalibrate or recalculate standards when introducing rings from a new batch.
BETTER PROCESS TEMPERATURE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY
- Process temperature control rings measure the temperature of the product being fired itself, which results in reduced errors and defects from inaccurate firing temperature profiles
- PTCRs provide a more accurate measurement of the quantity of heat by measuring the temperature over time of a test specimen with constant mass and physical properties
- PTCRs enable high-quality end-product by providing the ability to continuously control process temperature and its uniform distribution throughout the kiln
- PTCRs provide high accuracy in measuring radiated heat
- PTCRs deliver a more accurate temperature profile as heat transfer from kiln vessel is taken into account
- PTCRs provides a much better measure for the actual absorbed quantity of heat by utilizing the shrinkage factor of a ceramic ring manufactured from a defined material that is optimized for the desired application
PROCESS TEMPERATURE CONTROL RINGS - KILN TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL COMPARISON
KILN TEMPERATURE MAPPING:
FERRO PROCESS TEMPERATURE CONTROL RINGS PRODUCT RANGE
Process temperature control rings are available for seven different temperature ranges in two sizes: 3.5 mm thickness (Ferro L series) and 7 mm thickness (Ferro H series), both with an outer diameter of 20 mm and an inner diameter of 10 mm.
PTCR types are color coded in convenient packaging with each batch number and type embossed in the label. The PTCR micrometer also comes with a handy USB port for easy data transfer.
|Temperature Range||Product Name||Selection of Industries Applying the PTCR|
|560 - 660°C||
|Decoration of glass and porcelain, annealing furnaces, ULTCCs, semiconductors|
|600 - 900°C||PTCR-UTH
|Decoration of glass and porcelain, sealing glass, LTCC|
|LTCC co-firing, building bricks and roofing tiles|
|970 - 1250°C||PTCR-LTH
|Pre-sintering ceramics and powders, earthenware, building bricks, and roofing tiles, low-temperature refractories and kiln furniture|
|Single and multi-layer capacitors, ferrites and insulators, powder injection moulding, sanitary-ware, tableware and tile, grinding wheels, medium temperature refractories, and kiln furniture|
|Ferrites, substrates and insulators, tiles and hard porcelain, engineering ceramics, medium-high temperature refractories, and klin furniture|
|Advanced ceramics, engineering ceramics, high-temperature refractories, and klin furniture|
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Applications Technology Support-Custom Formulations
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical process temperature measurement and control solutions based on individual application requirements.