Specialty Frits for Safety Cables
Ferro offers special glasses to protect safety cables in the event of fire. Ferro jointly developed a glass containing safety mass mixture that is added directly to silicon polymer to meet the standard requirements for safety cables.
FERRO INNOVATION DRIVES SAFETY
Our glass-containing safety mass is added directly to silicon polymers, providing a high-performance halogen-free cable insulation alternative that offers flame retardant properties with minimal smoke and corrosive gas emissions.
In the event of a fire, glass/silicon cable insulation sinters to form a solid ceramic coating, keeping the insulation on core of the cable intact with no short circuiting or current interruption.
FERRO GLASS-CONTAINING SILICON ADVANTAGES
- Extremely high weather and UV resistance
- Very good flexibility
- Very high stability against high temperature of surroundings
- Zero halogens
- No toxic components or decomposition products (even in case of fire or smoldering fire)
- Reduces the need for costly and complicated mica winding equipment
FERRO GLASS/SILICON SAFETY CABLE INSULATION AND FUNCTIONALITY PROPERTIES*
|Maintaining of Insulation||Maintaining of Function|
|Test norm||DIN VDE 0472 part 814 IEC 331||DIN 4102 part 12|
|Test conditions||Test of a straight short piece of cable without fixing at 750° C without mechanical stress||Test of a complete cable system including fixing device at more than 1000 deg. C|
* German standard DIN4102 part 12 seeks to ensure the continued operation of cable systems in fires up to 1000°C; In single European countries, different laws and regulations are valid with various test conditions. As changes to existing regulations and laws are possible, we recommend testing according to country-specific regulations and adapting the silicon/glass mixture to the requirements each respective country.
- Fire alarm circuit cables
- Public address systems
- Emergency lighting
- FRLS cables
- LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) cables
- Fire-proofing curtain
SPECIALTY GLASS FOR SAFETY CABLE POLYMERS - PRODUCT INFORMATION
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Applications Technology Support - Custom Formulations
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical specialty glass based on individual application requirements.