Specialty Frits for Safety Cables
Ferro offers special glasses to protect safety cables in the event of fire. Ferro jointly developed a glass containing safety mass mixture that is added directly to silicon polymer to meet the standard requirements for safety cables.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
FERRO INNOVATION DRIVES SAFETY
Our glass-containing safety mass is added directly to silicon polymers, providing a high-performance halogen-free cable insulation alternative that offers flame retardant properties with minimal smoke and corrosive gas emissions.
In the event of a fire, glass/silicon cable insulation sinters to form a solid ceramic coating, keeping the insulation on core of the cable intact with no short circuiting or current interruption.
FERRO GLASS-CONTAINING SILICON ADVANTAGES
- Extremely high weather and UV resistance
- Very good flexibility
- Very high stability against high temperature of surroundings
- Zero halogens
- No toxic components or decomposition products (even in case of fire or smoldering fire)
- Reduces the need for costly and complicated mica winding equipment
FERRO GLASS/SILICON SAFETY CABLE INSULATION AND FUNCTIONALITY PROPERTIES*
|Maintaining of Insulation||Maintaining of Function|
|Test norm||DIN VDE 0472 part 814 IEC 331||DIN 4102 part 12|
|Test conditions||Test of a straight short piece of cable without fixing at 750° C without mechanical stress||Test of a complete cable system including fixing device at more than 1000 deg. C|
* German standard DIN4102 part 12 seeks to ensure the continued operation of cable systems in fires up to 1000°C; In single European countries, different laws and regulations are valid with various test conditions. As changes to existing regulations and laws are possible, we recommend testing according to country-specific regulations and adapting the silicon/glass mixture to the requirements each respective country.
- Fire alarm circuit cables
- Public address systems
- Emergency lighting
- FRLS cables
- LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) cables
- Fire-proofing curtain
SPECIALTY GLASS FOR SAFETY CABLE POLYMERS - PRODUCT INFORMATION
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Applications Technology Support - Custom Formulations
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical specialty glass based on individual application requirements.