Water-Based Inks for Digital Ceramic Tile Printing
Ferro’s HPLUS Inks are an environmentally friendly series of water-based digital decoration and glazing inks with no VOCs.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
Ferro’s HPLUS inks are formulated to be compatible with drop-on-demand (DOD) ink-jet printheads and machines used in large-scale ceramic and tile decoration processes that specify inks with water content.
They considerably reduce flue emissions compared to both Ferro 3.0 and DG Inks, and have exceptionally low odor and carbon emissions.
Available in a range of particle sizes from less than 1 micron up to 20 microns, the HPLUS family of water-based ceramic inks includes HPLUS1, HPLUS5, and HPLUS10. These specific classes of inks offer larger particle sizes compared to traditional inks, while providing the same rheological and colorimetric characteristics as solvent-based inks when used with compatible printheads.
THE FERRO HPLUS INKS FAMILY
|HPLUS1||A wide palette of water-based color inks and effect inks that deliver the same levels of performance as traditional solvent-based ink applications.|
|HPLUS5||A series of water-based color inks and effect inks with larger diameter particle sizes that make it possible to digitally print intense colors and effects on ceramic tiles at quality levels similar to traditional screen printing methods.|
|HPLUS10||A series of water-based color inks and effect inks with a particle size of 10 microns that extends the range of possibilities in both color and effects.|
FERRO'S HPLUS INKS SERIES ADVANTAGES
- A water-based, environmentally friendly ink series
- Enables digital application of protective glazes
- Allows for the application of thin layers of glazes with uniform thickness
- Allows very thick digital decoration
- HPLUS5 inks with larger diameter particles are able to produce more intense colors
- Highly evaporative with low drying time resulting in shorter production cycles
- No VOCs resulting in greatly reduced carbon and odor emissions
VALUE ADDED SERVICESTechnical Analysis
At Ferro, we offer complete technical analysis services worldwide to support our customers’ product customization and quality control needs. Our support and assistance services are provided both in-house and on-site.
Ferro’s extensive analytical capabilities allow us to provide complete in-lab testing services that include raw material assessment, product development support, as well as finished product testing and evaluation as required for quality control and standards compliance.
Global Analytical Capabilities
- Quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis
- XRD crystallographic analysis
- Particle size analysis
- Surface analysis and detection of surface defects
- Rheologic analysis (viscosity, yield stress, surface tension)
- Thermal analysis (dilatometry, heating microscopy)
- Mechanical property analysis
- Plotter ink application simulations
Development, Production, Training, and Design
- Glazing line assistance
- New product scale-up assistance including training and production optimization
- Design assistance and innovation services for reduced time to market