Water Compatible Inks for Digital Ceramic Tile Printing
Ferro’s DG Inks are environmentally friendly low VOC inks based on water-compatible solvents. They include a complete line of vibrant ink colors, decoration inks and glazing inks.
Ferro’s DG Inks are developed specifically for large capacity digital printheads used in large scale ceramic and tile decoration processes.
Formulated with water-compatible polar solvents, DG Inks are a more eco-friendly ink alternative to traditional solvent-based inks used in industrial digital printing of functional and decorative coatings on ceramic tiles.
Available in a wide palette of colors and special effects, the DG Inks family offers optimal rheological behavior with a standard particle size of less than 1 micron. All DG Inks can be used in all current OEM industrial inkjet digital machines.
FERRO'S DG INKS SERIES ADVANTAGES
- A water-compatible environmentally friendly ink series
- Allows for greater thickness of the applied layer, for a richer ceramic tile design
- Provides greater coverage of the decorated surface
- Faster drying time resulting in shorter production cycles
- Low electrical conductivity so that inks can be directly loaded into modern printheads with no need for adaptations
- Low VOCs resulting in reduced carbon and odor emissions
- Can be used with current digital printing machines
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
At Ferro, we offer complete technical analysis services worldwide to support our customers’ product customization and quality control needs. Our support and assistance services are provided both in-house and on-site.
Ferro’s extensive analytical capabilities allow us to provide complete in-lab testing services that include raw material assessment, product development support, as well as finished product testing and evaluation as required for quality control and standards compliance.
Global Analytical Capabilities
- Quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis
- XRD crystallographic analysis
- Particle size analysis
- Surface analysis and detection of surface defects
- Rheologic analysis (viscosity, yield stress, surface tension)
- Thermal analysis (dilatometry, heating microscopy)
- Mechanical property analysis
- Plotter ink application simulations
Development, Production, Training, and Design
- Glazing line assistance
- New product scale-up assistance including training and production optimization
- Design assistance and innovation services for reduced time to market