CERMARK ULTRA LASER MARKING PASTE FOR GLASS AND CERAMICS
CerMark® ULTRA is Ferro’s highest performance black laser marking paste formulated to achieve the best results in the industry. This all-in-one product eliminates the need to use several materials making it a more economical solution that delivers darker marks created with faster marking times.
CerMark ULTRA black laser marking paste offers an improved formulation that creates extremely high-quality and highly durable marks while maintaining glass and ceramic substrate integrity.
- Specifically developed to protect the surface of challenging glass and ceramic substrates from laser damage.
- Marks created with CerMark ULTRA black laser marking paste are significantly more resistant to glass fracturing which normally occurs when using CO2 laser systems.
- ULTRA marks are also scratch resistant and resistant to accelerated weathering measured by QUV testing.
- Once dry, ULTRA paste will not rub off on fingers while handling. This will allow immediate coating of parts with the ability to laser mark later when needed.
CERMARK® ULTRA BLACK LASER MARKING PASTE PRODUCT INFORMATION
CerMark® ULTRA BLACK LASER MARKING PASTE FOR GLASS AND CERAMICS-APPLICATION METHOD
CerMark ULTRA comes in a ready-to-use paste formula which can be applied using a high volume low-pressure (HVLP) spray gun, airbrush or aerosol. It must be applied with an even coat to ensure a consistent mark and color.
ULTRA black laser marking paste is applied to the glass substrate, dried and marked with a laser. The laser is used to fuse ULTRA laser marking paste to glass surfaces, creating a permanent additive mark with high resolution.
ULTRA black laser marking paste can be used to create pre-firing and post-firing marks on ceramics.
Pre-fire marks made with ULTRA are able to withstand high-temperature heat treatment, making it ideal for applications such as identifying tile bodies before glazing or for ceramic containers used in high-temperature manufacturing processes.
Post-fire marks can also be made with ULTRA on ceramic substrates, including creating marks on the back of ceramic floor tiles when used in industrial applications.
The contrast, resolution, and durability of the marks made with ULTRA laser marking paste make it ideal for the following industrial laser marking applications:
- Marking glass trophies and awards
- Designs on plates and dinnerware
- Personalization of glass and ceramic mugs and cups
- Designs on ceramic tile
- Marking VIN numbers on automotive glass
- Coding and traceability on laboratory slides
- Specialty electronic components and substrates
- Serialization and brand marks on sanitaryware
- Logos and instructions on industrial products
THE FERRO CERMARK LASER MARKING ADVANTAGE
Better Consistency and Accuracy
Precision black marks on glass and ceramics can be achieved utilizing ULTRA black laser marking paste. Laser-controlled software enables positional accuracy with excellent repeatability for mark delivery.
High contrast, durable marks can be achieved more quickly using ULTRA compared to other marking methods.
In many industrial applications, ULTRA enables rapid marking speeds that result in reduced energy costs with decreased rework and scrap.
Extremely High Contrast and Resolution
Laser-bonded marks created with ULTRA laser marking pastes produce permanent, high-resolution marks on glass, ceramics, brick and stone substrates.
FIND A FERRO DISTRIBUTOR
CerMark ULTRA black Laser Marking Paste is available worldwide through Ferro’s Distribution Network.