HYDROCONT WATERBORNE ORGANIC GLASS COATINGS
Ferro’s Hyrdocont waterborne glass organic coatings are an economical decoration solution for glass packaging such as beverage bottles. Designed for efficient application in fast-moving filling lines, the Hydrocont series provides a vast selection of colors and decoration possibilities, creating coatings that are hardly distinguishable from pigmented glass.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
The Hydrocont line of organic water-based coatings offers heavy metal-free glass decoration that exhibits good mechanical properties with the highest abrasion and scratch resistance combined with excellent resistance against water and alcohol.
Its good mechanical properties with an additional resistance to a large number of fillings provides a high assurance of safe handling during filling and transportation. Easy to use, Hydrocont can be applied by conventional methods or by electrostatic finishing. The one-pack version is cured at a temperature range of 170°C to 190°C while offering a high process reliability.
Developed to work within a wide application window so that even complex shapes such as cognac bottles can be coated without trouble, Hydrocont coatings enable a highly aesthetic packaging finish that positively influences the consumer purchasing decision.
Coatings made with Hydrocont are hardly distinguishable from pigmented glass due to the many special effects that are available. From highly transparent and brilliant to mat and opaque, Hydrocont provides a nearly limitless color range that is naturally free of heavy metals.
- Ready-to-use, no additions necessary
- No pot life to be considered
- No explosion protection required
- All equipment can easily be cleaned with water
- All Ferro waterborne glass coatings are free of heavy metals
- By varnishing the prefabricated glass object, the coloring is uncoupled completely from glass production, now even the smallest lots can be produced economically
- A short lead time for spray-painting significantly reduces the warehousing risk for finished products, allowing for quick-turnaround requests
|GL517||Glossy||Two Components||Water / Scratch / Max. Wine|
|GLM517||Matt||Two Components||Water / Scratch / Max. Wine|
|GL537||Glossy||One Component||Water / Scratch / Max. Wine|
|GLM537||Matt||One Component||Water / Scratch / Max. Wine|
|GL560||Glossy||One Component||High Alcohol Content / Water|
|GLM560||Matt||One Component||High Alcohol Content / Water|
|GL527||Glossy||Two Components||High Alcohol Content / Water /Dye|
|GLM527||Matt||Two Components||High Alcohol Content / Water /Dye|
|GLM529||Matt||Two Components||Pasteurization / Scratch|
Hydrocont coatings are available in an assortment of basic colors and are mixable in any ratio, enabling our customers to achieve any desired color shade. Ferro can also produce custom colors based on customer specifications or from the common color charts. Sample shades can also be produced in short runs.
For ultra high-performance design, Ferro also provides effect coatings like metallic colors, gold, silver, copper, neon colors or pearl effects.
Note: Effect coatings may show reduced durability, therefore additional testing is recommended.
HYDROCONT WATERBORNE ORGANIC COATINGS-PROPERTIES
- Very good adhesion to glass; hard, viscoplastic surface with excellent mechanical characteristics
- Hydrocont basic colors show preeminent light fastness (indoor)
- Coatings created with Hydrocont are long-term temperature resistant up to 120°C
- Hydrocont GL517 and GLM517 can be applied with electrostatic automatic coating lines suited for waterborne coatings
- Good resistance against alcohol, water, scratches and chemicals are used in the pasteurization process
- Hydrocont coatings are free of heavy metals und other toxic substances and comply with the requirements of DIN EN 71 part 3 regarding migration behavior
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Global Technical Service and Development
The Ferro glass painting system consists of basic lacquers and color concentrates that allow for the fast, easy and cost-saving production of individual shades in different gloss degrees. All Pantone® color shades are part of our basic color system.
For optimal paint and color customization, our specialists are here to help customers find products and systems suitable for their specific application needs including the creation and recommendation of an ideal paint system designed for efficient product application.
Custom Color Mixing and Matching
Custom colors according to current color charts or systems can be developed for individual brilliances. In addition to many metallic shades, new and interesting effects enrich the nearly unlimited product range we offer.