HYDROCOS WATERBORNE ORGANIC COATINGS
Ferro’s Hydrocos high-quality water borne coatings are formulated for color decoration of packaging glass that meets the special requirements of the cosmetic industry. Free of heavy metals, Hydrocos offers many metallic colors and effects that create limitless color ranges and options.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
The Hydrocos line of organic water-based coatings offers heavy metal-free glass decoration used for glass cosmetics packaging. Its good mechanical properties combined with an additional resistance to a large number of fillings provides a high assurance of safe handling during filling and transportation.
Our basic color system includes all Pantone® color shades and are mixable in any ratio, enabling our customers to achieve any desired color shade. The easy handling of basic lacquers and color concentrates allows producing a variety of colors, with different gloss levels in a fast, easy and economical manner.
Ferro can also produce custom colors based on customer specifications or from the common color charts. Sample shades can also be produced in short runs, and further custom color shades according to color charts or color systems can also be mixed.
- Ready-to-use, no additions necessary
- No pot life to be considered
- No explosion protection required
- All equipment can easily be cleaned with water
Ferro glass coatings show considerable advantages over pigmented or etched glass:
- All Ferro waterborne glass coatings are free of heavy metals
- By varnishing the prefabricated glass object, the coloring is uncoupled completely from glass production, enabling the smallest lots can be produced economically
- A short lead time for spray-painting significantly reduces the warehousing risk for finished products, allowing for quick-turnaround requests
HYDROCOS ORGANIC COATINGS
|GL610||Glossy||One-component||G1 L'Oreal test|
|GLM610||Matt||One-component||G1 L'Oreal test|
|GL615||Glossy||One-component||G1 L'Oreal test|
|GLM615||Matt||One-component||G1 L'Oreal test|
|GL613||Glossy||One-component||G1 L'Oreal test|
|GLM613||Matt||Two-components||G1 L'Oreal test|
- Excellent adhesion on glass
- Broad spectrum of plain color shades in several gloss levels
- Nearly unrestricted variety of metallic and effect color shades
- Very good filler resistance (G1 L'Oreal test)
- Low curing conditions
- High process safety
- Economic realization of small series
- Eco-friendly since water borne
- Free of heavy metals
- Many variations for several requirements
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Global Technical Service and Development
The Ferro glass painting system consists of basic lacquers and color concentrates that allow for the fast, easy and cost-saving production of individual shades in different gloss degrees. All Pantone® color shades are part of our basic color system.
For optimal paint and color customization, our specialists are here to help customers find products and systems suitable for their specific application needs including the creation and recommendation of an ideal paint system designed for efficient product application.
Custom Color Mixing and Matching
Custom colors according to current color charts or systems can be developed for individual brilliances. In addition to many metallic shades, new and interesting effects enrich the nearly unlimited product range we offer.