HYDRODECOR WATERBORNE ORGANIC GLASS COATINGS
Ferro’s Hydrodecor waterborne glass organic coatings are designed for demanding glassware design applications that require an unlimited color range, extravagant and complex designs, or special surfaces. Hydrodecor exhibits high chemical resistance and is top choice as an economical and environmentally-friendly alternative to pigmented glass.
Its good mechanical properties and broad application window results in the easy application of coatings within a wide range of machinery parameters. It can be applied by spray or automatic finishing and is cured at a temperature range of 170°C to 190°C while offering a high process reliability.
Available in an unlimited variety of colors and effects, Hydrodecor enables the production of decorative glass objects with the highest aesthetic demands. Coatings made with Hydrodecor are hardly distinguishable from pigmented glass due to the many special effects that are available. From highly transparent and brilliant to mat and opaque, Hydrodecor provides a nearly limitless color range that is naturally free of heavy metals.
- Ready-to-use, no additions necessary
- No pot life to be considered
- No explosion protection required
- All equipment can easily be cleaned with water
- All Ferro waterborne glass coatings are free of heavy metals
- By varnishing the prefabricated glass object, the coloring is uncoupled completely from glass production, now even the smallest lots can be produced economically
- A short lead time for spray-painting significantly reduces the warehousing risk for finished products, allowing for quick-turnaround requests
HYDRODECOR COATING COLORS AND PERFORMANCE
|GL550||Glossy||One-component||>50 Dishwasher Cycles|
|GLM550||Matt||One-component||>50 Dishwasher Cycles|
|GL570||Glossy||One-component||>50 Dishwasher Cycles|
|GLM570||Matt||One-component||>50 Dishwasher Cycles|
Hydrodecor coatings are available in an assortment of basic colors and are mixable in any ratio, enabling our customers to achieve any desired color shade. Ferro can also produce custom colors based on customer specifications or from the common color charts. Sample shades can also be produced in short runs.
For ultra high-performance design, Ferro also provides effect coatings like metallic colors, gold, silver, copper, neon colors or pearl effects.
Note: Effect coatings may show reduced durability, therefore additional testing is recommended.
HYDRODECOR WATERBORNE ORGANIC COATINGS-PROPERTIES
- Very good adhesion to glass
- Hard, viscoplastic surface with excellent mechanical characteristics
- The basic colors of Hydrodecor coatings show preeminent light fastness (indoor)
- Sufficient dishwasher resistance for decorative objects of 15 to 20 cycles
- Hydrodecor coatings are long-term temperature resistant up to 120°C.
- Good resistance against chemicals according to DIN ISO 2836, good solvent resistance, good resistance against alkalis and acids
- Hydrodecor coatings are free of heavy metals und other toxic substances and comply with the requirements of DIN EN 71 part 3 regarding migration behavior
- Fulfills the requirements of IKEA (IOS-PRG-0021 2.2 Glassware) for household glass without direct contact of food
Global Technical Service and Development
The Ferro glass painting system consists of basic lacquers and color concentrates that allow for the fast, easy and cost-saving production of individual shades in different gloss degrees. All Pantone® color shades are part of our basic color system.
For optimal paint and color customization, our specialists are here to help customers find products and systems suitable for their specific application needs including the creation and recommendation of an ideal paint system designed for efficient product application.
Custom Color Mixing and Matching
Custom colors according to current color charts or systems can be developed for individual brilliances. In addition to many metallic shades, new and interesting effects enrich the nearly unlimited product range we offer.