HYDROGLASUR WATERBORNE ORGANIC COATINGS
Ferro’s Hydroglasur waterborne glass organic coatings are formulated specifically for tableware glass and ceramic decoration. Offering a wide array of metallic colors and effects, Hydroglasur provides limitless color ranges and options, making it the first choice where the design of glass objects needs to meet exceptional requirements where high durability and economical production play a decisive role.
Hydroglasur is a heavy metal-free modern glass coating one-component system for the coloring decoration of interior and exterior glass surfaces. Due to its outstanding resistance properties, it is especially suited for the coating of household glassware such as drinking glasses, plates or bowls that are cleaned in the dishwasher regularly. Objects coated with Hydroglasur are hard to distinguish from pigmented or etched glass.
Offering an unlimited variety of colors and effects, Hydroglasur is available in highly transparent to completely hiding and brilliant to matt effects. Its application is easy and economical with a wide range of machinery parameters.
Hydroglasur is certified for direct food contact and corresponds to the requirements of paragraph 30 and 31 out of German food and feed code (LFGB) as well for article 3 out of (EG) provision no. 1935/2004. Coating glasses, cups, bowls with Hydroglasure can be recommended without restrictions.
For plates, we recommend covering the rim or complete backside area.
- Ready-to-use, no additions necessary
- No pot life to be considered
- No explosion protection required
- All equipment can easily be cleaned with water
- All Ferro waterborne glass coatings are free of heavy metals
- By varnishing the prefabricated glass object, the coloring is uncoupled completely from glass production, now even the smallest lots can be produced economically
- A short lead time for spray-painting significantly reduces the warehousing risk for finished products, allowing for quick-turnaround requests
HYDROGLASUR ORGANIC COATINGS
|PRODUCT||GLOSS EFFECT||OTHER EFFECTS|
|BG450||Highly Brilliant||Transparent, Opaque or Hiding|
|BGS400||Highly Brilliant||Transparent, Opaque or Hiding|
|MG450||Matt||Similar to an Etched Surface, Transparent to Hiding|
|MGS400||Matt||Similar to an Etched Surface, Transparent to Hiding|
HYDROGLASUR SYTEMS RECOMMENDED APPLICATIONS
|PRODUCT SYSTEM||RECOMMENDED APPLICATION|
|HYDROGLASUR BGS400 / MGS400||Universally used, Fast drying, Top choice in effect pigments|
|HYDROGLASUR BG450 / MG450||Optimally suited for coating on electrostatic lines|
Our basic color system is available in color concentrates that includes all Pantone® color shades. Mixable in any ratio, it enables our customers to achieve any desired color shade. The easy handling of basic lacquers and color concentrates allows the creation of many shades with different gloss levels in a fast, easy and economical manner.
Ferro can also produce custom colors based on color charts, color systems, or specifications or from the common color charts. Sample shades can also be produced in short runs to color charts or color systems can also be mixed.
HYDROGLASUR WATERBORNE ORGANIC COATINGS-PROPERTIES
- Excellent adhesion on glass
- Eco-friendly since water borne
- One component no hardener or activator needed
- Easy handling, no pot life
- Low curing conditions
- Single layer applicable
- Hard, viscoplastic surface with excellent mechanical properties
- Very good stabilities against chemicals
- Permanent dishwasher resistance > 500 cycles
- Outstanding gloss and color resistance
- Free of heavy metals
- Free of NMP
- Free of DBTL
- Free of BPA
- Suitable for all established spraying methods
- Also available as brush paint in several colour
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Global Technical Service and Development
The Ferro glass painting system consists of basic lacquers and color concentrates that allow for the fast, easy and cost-saving production of individual shades in different gloss degrees. All Pantone® color shades are part of our basic color system.
For optimal paint and color customization, our specialists are here to help customers find products and systems suitable for their specific application needs including the creation and recommendation of an ideal paint system designed for efficient product application.
Custom Color Mixing and Matching
Custom colors according to current color charts or systems can be developed for individual brilliances. In addition to many metallic shades, new and interesting effects enrich the nearly unlimited product range we offer.