Cool Colors® Chrome Iron Brown Hematite (PBr29)
Cool Colors® Pigment Brown 29 (C.I. 77500) Chrome Iron Brown Hematite offers high NIR (Near Infrared Reflectance). It is a black mixed oxide of Iron (III) and Chrome (III) with chemical formula (Cr,Fe)2O3.
Cool Colors® PBr29 Chrome Iron Brown Hematite black pigments are opaque to visible light with high NIR reflectance ("cool pigment"). Their properties include ease of dispersion and excellent dimensional stability, resulting in no warping or shrinkage.
Our pigment 24-3950 FCP (PBr29) is an ideal replacement to carbon black colorants used in plastics, specifically for use in recycling processes that utlize NIR sorting devices. It has been formulated to reflect light from the
emitter, allowing the sensor to properly identify and sort various plastics.
Formulated to Meet
Rigorous Food Contact Regulations
24-3950 FCP is part of our complete FCP product range that is AP89(1) certified for each lot (even at lower limits than the AP89(1) standard), and complies with the requirements established by EU 10/2011 regarding plastic packaging in contact with food and has acquired FDA approval (FDA 21 CFR 178.3297) to be used up to 5% in the final plastic material.
Ferro FCP black pigments are not only designed specifically to meet the requirements of individual polymer sorting via NIR reflection technologies, they also provide the color, processing, and surface finish properties needed across the diverse polymers required for food contact applications.
FERRO COOL COLORS® ADVANTAGES
The IR-reflective features of our Cool Colors® pigments provide:
- Increased service life due to less thermal stress and degradation
- Increased comfort for building occupants with cool coatings
- Reduced energy consumption for air conditioning needs
- Increased comfort and wearability in fabrics applications
- Ability to recycle black parts and plastics with NIR based sorting systems, creating economic value and reduced waste disposal
COOL COLORS® CHROME IRON BROWN HEMATITE (PBr29) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|WEATHER FASTNESS||ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
(8 on blue wool scale)
(5 on grey scale)
COOL COLORS®CHROME IRON BROWN HEMATITE (PBr29) RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS
- 10466 – Pigment Brown 29 with a reddish shade
- V-760 – Pigment Brown 29 with a reddish shade
- V-781 – Pigment Brown 29 with a reddish shade
- V-785 – Pigment Brown 29 with the most bluish shade
- V-10121-2 – Pigment Brown 29-with a dark brown shade
- 24-3950 FCP - Pigment Brown 29-food contact grade (FDA approved)
- 24-3950 – Pigment Brown 29 with a bluish black shade
- SPP-3025 – Pigment Brown 29 Bluish shade
COOL COLORS® CHROME IRON BROWN HEMATITE (PBr29) APPLICATIONS
Due to excellent light fastness characteristics, PBR29 can be used in a wide range of cool color applications.
- PVC applications including siding and window profiles
- Agricultural film
- Plastic roof tiles
- Sports fields and synthetic turf/artificial grass
- Automotive applications including dashboards, steering wheels and upholstery
- Fiber applications including garments and carpets
- Single-ply roofing systems
- Black coloration of plastics to be recycled by NIR sensor sorting systems
- Coil coatings for roofs
- Exterior paints for roofs and façades
- Roof singles
- Sport fields
- Automotive coatings
- Camouflage coatings
Construction / Building Materials:
- Cementitious stuccos, mortars and grouts
- Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS)
- Ready Mix Concrete
- Precast concrete blocks and panels
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Cool Start-Up Formulas
We provide our customers with start-up formulas made with Ferro's cool pigments that match their "hot" color shades. We also provide a complete cool pigment formulation guide to assist our customers in achieving the optimum cool performance in their products.
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services.
Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.