Cool Colors® Chromium Green-Black Hematite (PG17)
Cool Colors® Pigment Green 17 (C.I. 77288) Chromium Green-Black Hematite pigment with high NIR (Near Infrared Reflectance) consisting of black mixed oxide with Iron (III) and Chrome (III), chemical formula Cr2O3 and a hematite structure.
Cool Colors® PG17 Chromium Green-Black Hematite pigments offer black shades from brownish to a bit bluish.
They are opaque to visible light and have a high NIR reflectance ("cool pigment") with properties including ease of dispersion and excellent dimensional stability, resulting in no warping or shrinkage.
FERRO COOL COLORS® ADVANTAGES
The IR-reflective features of our Cool Colors® pigments provide:
- Increased service life due to less thermal stress and degradation
- Increased occupant comfort for buildings with cool coatings
- Reduced energy consumption for air conditioning needs
- Increased comfort and wearability in fabrics applications
- Ability to recycle black parts with NIR based sorting systems, creating economic value and reduced waste disposal
COOL COLORS® CHROMIUM GREEN-BLACK HEMATITE (PG17) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|WEATHER FASTNESS||ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
(8 on blue wool scale)
(5 on grey scale)
COOL COLORS® CHROMIUM GREEN-BLACK HEMATITE (PG17) RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS
- V-774 – Pigment Green 17 with a bluish shade and high tinting strength
- V-775 – Pigment Green 17 with the most bluish shade
COOL COLORS® PG17 APPLICATIONS
- PVC applications including siding and window profiles
- Agricultural film
- Plastic roof tiles
- Sport fields and synthetic turf/artificial grass
- Automotive applications including dashboards, steering wheels, and upholstery
- Fiber applications including garments amd carpets
- Single-ply roofing systems
- Black coloration of plastics to be recycled by NIR sensor sorting systems
- Coil coatings for roofs
- Exterior paints for roofs and façades
- Roof shingles
- Sport fields
- Automotive coatings
- Camouflage coatings
Constructions / Building Materials:
- Cementitious stuccos, mortars and grouts
- Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS)
- Ready Mix Concrete
- Precast concrete blocks and panels
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Cool Start-Up Formulas
We provide our customers with start-up formulas made with Ferro's cool pigments that match their “hot” colors shades. We also provide a complete pigment formulation guide to assist our customers in achieving the optimum cool performance in their products.
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services.
Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.