Cool Colors® Cobalt Chromite Blue-Green Spinel (PB36)
Cool Colors® Pigment Blue 36 (C.I. 77343) Cobalt Chromite Blue-Green Spinel pigment offers moderate NIR (Near Infrared Reflectance). It consists of Cobalt (II), Aluminum (III) and Chrome (III) with a chemical formula Co(Al, Cr)2O4 and spinel structure.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
FERRO COOL COLORS® ADVANTAGES
The IR-reflective features of our Cool Colors® pigments provide:
- Increased service life due to less thermal stress and degradation
- Increased occupant comfort for buildings with cool coatings
- Reduced energy consumption for air conditioning needs
- Increased comfort and wearability in fabrics applications
- Ability to recycle black parts with NIR based sorting systems, creating economic value and reduced waste disposal
COOL COLORS® COBALT CHROMITE BLUE-GREEN SPINEL (PB36) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|WEATHER FASTNESS||ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
(8 on blue wool scale)
(5 on grey scale)
COOL COLORS® COBALT CHROMITE BLUE-GREEN SPINEL (PB36) RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS
- V-9242 – Standard Grade Pigment Blue 36
- V-9248 – Pigment Blue 36 with high tinting strength
- F-5686 – Pigment Blue 36 with a turquoise blue greenish shade
- 22-5070 – Standard Grade Pigment Blue 36
- 22-5096 – Pigment Blue 36 with high tinting strength
- 22-5096B – Pigment Blue 36 with the highest tinting strength
- 22-4400 – Pigment Blue 36 with a turquoise Blue, greenish shade
- 22-4044 – Pigment Blue 36 - Camouflage turquoise blue
- SPP-2006 – Pigment Blue 36 with the highest tinting strength
- 22-4400 – Pigment Blue 36 with a turquoise blue, greenish shade
- 22-4044 – Pigment Blue 36 - Camouflage turquoise Blue
COOL COLORS® COBALT CHROMITE BLUE-GREEN SPINEL (PB36) APPLICATIONS
- PVC applications including siding and window profiles
- Plastic roof tiles
- Automotive applications including dashboards, steering wheels, and upholstery
- Single-ply roofing systems
- Coil coatings for roofs
- Exterior paints for roofs and façades
- Roof singles
- Sport fields
- Automotive coatings
Construction / Building Materials:
- Cementitious stuccos, mortars and grouts
- Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS)
- Ready Mix Concrete
- Precast concrete blocks and panels
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Cool Start-Up Formulas
We provide our customers with start-up formulas made with Ferro's cool pigments that match their “hot” color shades. We also provide a complete pigment formulation guide to assist our customers in achieving the optimum cool performance in their products.
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services.
Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.