Cool Colors® Iron Manganese Black Oxide (PBk33)
Cool Colors® Pigment Black 33 (C.I.77537) is a black Manganese Ferrite offering moderate NIR (Near Infrared Reflectance) with a chemical formula MnFe2O4 and a hematite structure.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
Cool Colors® PBk33 Iron Manganese Black Oxide pigments provide a brownish to bluish black shade. They are opaque to visible light with moderate NIR reflectance ("cool pigment") and offer properties that include ease of dispersion with excellent dimensional stability, resulting in no warping or shrinkage.
These pigments can replace carbon black or black iron oxide when they can't be used for technical reasons.
FERRO COOL COLORS® ADVANTAGES
The IR-reflective features of our Cool Colors® pigments provide:
- Increased service life due to less thermal stress and degradation
- Increased occupant comfort for buildings with cool coatings
- Reduced energy consumption for air conditioning needs
- Increased comfort and wearability in fabrics applications
- Ability to recycle black parts with NIR based sorting systems, creating economic value and reduced waste disposal
COOL COLORS® IRON MANGANESE BLACK OXIDE (PBK33) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|WEATHER FASTNESS||ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
(8 on blue wool scale)
(5 on grey scale)
COOL COLORS® IRON MANGANESE BLACK OXIDE (PBK33) RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS
- 24-3033 – Pigment Black 33 with a reddish shade
- Nubifer NB-803K – Pigment Black 33 with a bluish shade
COOL COLORS® IRON MANGANESE BLACK OXIDE (PBK33) APPLICATIONS
- PVC applications including siding and window profiles
- Agricultural film
- Plastic roof tiles
- Sport fields and synthetic turf/artificial grass
- Automotive applications including dashboards, steering wheels and upholstery
- Fiber applications including garments and carpets
- Single-ply roofing systems
- Black coloration of plastics to be recycled by NIR sensor sorting systems
- Coil coatings for roofs
- Exterior paints for roofs and façades
- Roof shingles
- Sport fields
- Automotive coatings
- Camouflage coatings
Construction / Building Materials:
- Cementitious stuccos, mortars, and grouts
- Exterior Insulation Finishing Systems (EIFS)
- Ready Mix Concrete
- Precast concrete blocks and panels
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Cool Start-Up Formulas
We provide our customers with start-up formulas made with Ferro's cool pigments that match their “hot” color shades. We also provide a complete pigment formulation guide to assist our customers in achieving the optimum cool performance in their products.
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services.
Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.