Cool Colors® Nickel Antimony Titanium Yellow Rutile (PY53)
Cool Colors® Pigment Yellow 53 (C.I. 77788) is a yellow Nickel Titanate offering high NIR (Near Infrared Reflectance) with chemical formula (Ti,Ni,Sb) O2 and a rutile structure.
PY53 pigment properties include ease of dispersion with excellent dimensional stability, resulting in no warping or shrinkage.
FERRO COOL COLORS® ADVANTAGES
The IR-reflective features of our Cool Colors® pigments provide:
- Increased service life due to less thermal stress and degradation
- Increased occupant comfort for buildings with cool coatings
- Reduced energy consumption for air conditioning needs
- Increased comfort and wearability in fabrics applications
- Ability to recycle black parts with NIR based sorting systems, creating economic value and reduced waste disposal
COOL COLORS® NICKEL ANTIMONY TITANIUM YELLOW RUTILE (PY53) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|WEATHER FASTNESS||ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
(8 on blue wool scale)
(5 on grey scale)
COOL COLORS® NICKEL ANTIMONY TITANIUM YELLOW RUTILE (PY53) RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS BY REGION
- 10401 – Standard Grade Pigment Yellow 53
- V-9415 – Standard Grade Pigment Yellow 53
- V-9412 – Pigment Yellow 53 with a greenish shade and high tinting strength
- V-9416 – Pigment Yellow 53 with a reddish shade and high tinting strength
- 10401N – Standard Grade Pigment Yellow 53
- 10401s – Standard Grade Pigment Yellow 53
COOL COLORS® NICKEL ANTIMONY TITANIUM YELLOW RUTILE (PY53) APPLICATIONS
- PVC applications including siding and window profiles
- Agricultural film
- Plastic roof tiles
- Sport fields and synthetic turf / artificial grass
- Automotive applications including dashboards, steering wheels, and upholstery
- Fiber applications, garments, and carpets
- Single-ply roofing systems
- Coil coatings for roofs
- Exterior paints for roofs and façades
- Roof shingles
Construction / Building Materials:
- Cementitious stuccos, mortars and grouts
- Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS)
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Cool Start-Up Formulas
We provide our customers with start-up formulas made with Ferro's cool pigments that match their “hot” color shades. We also provide a complete pigment formulation guide to assist our customers in achieving the optimum cool performance in their products.
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services.
Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.