Cool Colors® Red Iron Oxide (PR101)
Cool Colors® Pigment Red 101 (C.I. 77491) is a red Iron Oxide offering moderate NIR (Near Infrared Reflectance) with chemical formula Fe2O3 and a hematite structure.
Ferro's PR101 pigments provide ideal properties for plastics applications that include ease of dispersion with excellent dimensional stability, resulting in no warping or shrinkage.
FERRO COOL COLORS® ADVANTAGES
The IR-reflective features of our Cool Colors® pigments provide:
- Increased service life due to less thermal stress and degradation
- Increased occupant comfort for buildings with cool coatings
- Reduced energy consumption for air conditioning needs
- Increased comfort and wearability in fabrics applications
- Ability to recycle black parts with NIR based sorting systems, creating economic value and reduced waste disposal
COOL COLORS® RED IRON OXIDE (PR101) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|HEAT FASTNESS|| LIGHT
|WEATHER FASTNESS||ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
(8 on blue wool scale)
(5 on grey scale)
COOL COLORS® RED IRON OXIDE (PR101) RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS
|Nubifer R-2500 Series||A very basic Red Iron Oxide pigment series recommended for plastics and coatings where high dispersibility is not requested and for general use in cement and concrete|
|Nubifer R-4500 Series||A basic series Red Iron Oxide recommended for plastics, coatings, cement and concrete applications.|
|Nubifer R-5500 Series||Red Iron Oxides with micronized/high dispersibility/narrow colorimetric tolerances recommended mostly for plastics, coatings, cement and concrete applications|
|Nubifer R-5501||Red Iron Oxide with the most yellowish/lightest shade|
|Nubifer R-5510||Red Iron Oxide with a yellowish shade|
|Nubifer R-5520||Red Iron Oxide with a yellowish-medium shade|
|Nubifer R-5530||Red Iron Oxide with a yellowish-medium shade|
|Nubifer R-5540||Red Iron Oxide with a bluish-medium shade|
|Nubifer R-5560||Red Iron Oxide with a bluish-medium shade|
|Nubifer R-5580C||Red Iron Oxide with the most bluish/darkest shade|
COOL COLORS® RED IRON OXIDE (PR101) APPLICATIONS
- PVC Applications including siding and window profiles
- Agricultural film
- Plastic roof tiles
- Sport fields and synthetic turf / artificial grass
- Automotive applications including dashboards, steering wheels, and upholstery
- Fiber applications including garments, and carpets
- Single-ply roofing systems
- Black coloration of plastics to be recycled by NIR sensor sorting systems
- Coil coatings for roofs
- Exterior paints for roofs and façades
- Roof shingles
- Sport fields
- Automotive coatings
- Camouflage coatings
Construction / Building Materials:
- Cementitious stuccos, mortars and grouts
- Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS)
- Ready Mix Concrete
- Precast concrete blocks and panels
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Cool Start-Up Formulas
We provide our customers with start-up formulas made with Ferro's cool pigments that match their “hot” color shades. We also provide a complete pigment formulation guide to assist our customers in achieving the optimum cool performance in their products.
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services.
Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.