Cobalt Chromite Blue-Green Spinel (PB36)
Pigment Blue 36 (C.I. 77343) is a blue mixed oxide of Cobalt (II), Aluminum (III) and Chrome (III) with chemical formula Co(Al, Cr)2O4 and a spinel structure.
COBALT CHROMITE BLUE-GREEN SPINEL (PB36) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|HEAT FASTNESS|| LIGHT
|WEATHER FASTNESS||ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
(8 on blue wool scale)
(5 on grey scale)
COBALT CHROMITE BLUE-GREEN SPINEL (PB36) RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS
- V-9242 – Standard Grade Pigment Blue 36
- V-9248 – Pigment Blue 36 with high tinting strength
- F-5686 – Pigment Blue 36 with a turquoise blue greenish shade
- 22-5070 – Standard Grade Pigment Blue 36
- 22-5096 – Pigment Blue 36 with high tinting strength
- 22-5096B – Pigment Blue 36 with the highest tinting strength
- 22-4400 – Pigment Blue 36 with a turquoise Blue, greenish shade
- 22-4044 – Pigment Blue 36 - Camouflage turquoise blue
- SPP-2006 – Pigment Blue 36 with the highest tinting strength
- 22-4400 – Pigment Blue 36 with a turquoise blue, greenish shade
- 22-4044 – Pigment Blue 36 - Camouflage turquoise Blue
- Plastics: Polyolefins, PS, ABS, engineering polymers, PVC, silicones and rubber
- Coatings: Liquid architectural and industrial, powder, coil, stoving and high temperature resistant coatings
- Industrial: Cement and concrete
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services. Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All of our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
Providing Formulation Guides/Assistance with Startup Formula Creation
We assist customers in their product development efforts to ensure regulatory compliance (e.g., usage in food, cosmetics) and desired performance including anticorrosion, outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Our laboratory facility teams support customers’ production and development activities, including accelerated corrosion testing, weatherability testing, heat build-up and total solar reflectance testing and migration testing.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.
Ferro provides custom manufacturing services to add value to specific projects, particularly in cases which our production facilities and know-how allow our customers to reach cost-efficiency targets or attain higher performing final products.
For customers who need additional manufacturing capabilities, we provide a full range of manufacturing capacities, from pilot runs to full-scale production.