Yellow Iron Oxide (PY42)
Pigment Yellow 42 (C.I. 77492) is a yellow Iron Oxide with chemical formula FeOOH and a geothite structure. It provides a dull buff shade.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
Pigment properties include ease of dispersion with excellent dimensional stability resulting in no warping or shrinkage.
YELLOW IRON OXIDE (PY42) PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
|HEAT FASTNESS|| LIGHT
|ACID FASTNESS||ALKALI FASTNESS||CEMENT COMPATIBILITY||SOLVENT FASTNESS|
260ºC, 5 min)
(8 on blue wool scale)
YELLOW IRON OXIDE (PY42) PRODUCT RECOMMENDED PIGMENTS
- Nubifer Y-2000 series – The very basic series Yellow Iron Oxide pigment. Recommended for plastics; only low temperature such as PVC, EVA, LDPE and rubber, and coatings where high dispersibility is not requested and for general use in cement and concrete applications.
- Nubifer Y-4000 series - The basic series of Yellow Iron Oxide pigment. Recommended for plastics, coatings, cement and concrete applications.
- Nubifer Y-5000 series – Micronized/high dispersibility/narrow colorimetric tolerance Yellow Iron Oxides
o Nubifer Y-5010 – Light shade Yellow Iron Oxide
o Nubifer Y-5020 – Reddish shade Yellow Iron Oxide
o Nubifer Y-5028 – Reddish shade Yellow Iron Oxide with enhanced rheological performance
o Nubifer Y-5028LV – Yellow Iron Oxide Low with viscosity, when used in pigment pastes at high pigment loading.
- Nubifer Y-7000 series – Micronized, high heat fastness Yellow Iron Oxides
o Nubifer Y-7050 – Encapsulated grade Yellow Iron Oxide. Recommended for high temperature curing coatings (heat fastness = 260°C, 5 min.), for medium processing temperature resins (heat fastness = 260°C, 5 min.) and PVC; more suitable for unplasticized PVC compounds than conventional Yellow Iron Oxides.
- Plastics: Polyolefins, PS, ABS, engineered polymers, PVC, silicones, and rubber
- Coatings: Liquid architectural and industrial, powder, coil, stoving and high temperature resistant coatings
- Industrial: Cement, concrete, glass and ceramics
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
Advanced Color Matching
Ferro technicians combine their talents with today's most advanced computer color analysis equipment to offer our customers precise color-matching services. Our spectrophotometry process minimizes metamerism, speeds up color matching, ensures consistent quality and helps identify the pigment combination that produces any given color for the lowest possible cost and right performance characteristics, including outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Ferro can match your color chip/drawdown or we can refer to complete files of OSHA, Munsel, RAL, Federal Standard 595 Series or Pantone® matching systems to achieve your reference number. All of our colors are matched to Ferro standards or your reference sample, ensuring precise color reproduction from order to order.
Providing Formulation Guides/Assistance with Startup Formula Creation
We assist customers in their product development efforts to ensure regulatory compliance (e.g., usage in food, cosmetics) and desired performance including anticorrosion, outdoor durability and NIR reflectance.
Our laboratory facility teams support customers’ production and development activities, including accelerated corrosion testing, weatherability testing, heat build-up and total solar reflectance testing and migration testing.
We work closely with our customers to co-innovate and develop customized high-performing and economical coloring solutions based on application requirements and operational processing needs, including custom formulations for paints, coatings, cement, concrete, inks, ceramics, glass, leather, metal and plastics.
Ferro provides custom manufacturing services to add value to specific projects, particularly in cases which our production facilities and know-how allow our customers to reach cost-efficiency targets or attain higher performing final products.
For customers who need additional manufacturing capabilities, we provide a full range of manufacturing capacities, from pilot runs to full-scale production.