Aluminum Oxide Sapphire Polishes
Ferro is a leading global manufacturer of high-purity alumina-based sapphire polishing products that deliver the excellent polishing performance and ultra-smooth surfaces required for precision sapphire polishing applications.
Ferro manufactures a diverse portfolio of high purity alumina-based aqueous slurries and suspensions designed for polishing sapphire substrates used in LEDs, camera lens covers, and fingerprint sensor covers.
TruPlane® is Ferro’s product line of alumina-based polishing compounds used for sapphire substrates. TruPlane® 2000 and TruPlane® 2283 are fully formulated aluminum oxide polishing slurry products for use on sapphire substrates. The combination of high purity alumina and additives are optimized for performance and excellent dispersion to provide fast removal rate and excellent surface quality characteristics.
The TruPlane® 2283 slurry is also used to replace the diamond lapping step.
|PROPERTY||TruPlane® 2000||TruPlane® 2283|
|Appearance||White slurrry||White slurrry|
|Wt-% Solids Content||20%||20%|
|pH||12.0 – 12.4||12.0 – 12.4|
|Particle Size D50||0.17–0.21 µm||0.30–0.36 µm|
TRUPLANE ALUMINA POLISHING SLURRY PERFORMANCE vs COMMERCIAL SILICA
|PROPERTY||TruPlane® 2000||TruPlane® 2283||COMMERCIAL SILICA|
|6.8 µm/HR||9.6 µm/HR||4.22 µm/HR|
TRUPLANE SAPPHIRE POLISHING PRODUCTS - KEY FEATURES
- Tightly controlled particle distribution ensures high quality polished surfaces
- Excellent suspension characteristics ensures uniform polish distribution for more consistent polishing performance.
- Slurry rheology is not temperature sensitive and will not gel at elevated temperature.
- Easy cleanup of particles from sapphire substrates versus colloidal silica.
- Faster polish rate than silica with excellent surface quality; 1-2 Å Ra surface roughness after polishing
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
With over 40 years of surface finishing experience, Ferro’s research, development and analytical resources enable us to develop unique polishes and abrasives for polishing a variety of substrates, including plastic, glass, clear coat automotive, and sapphire.
Our expertise in abrasive particle development and manufacturing technology enables us to optimize the physical and chemical properties of particles that allows our customers to develop optimal polishing applications.